Re: more like 10 seconds of fame

From: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>

> > I don't think they blamed him...as much as they were just referring to a
> > time frame.
>
> The changes in ownership rules did not start under Reagan.  If they were
> trying to provide a time frame, they provided an incorrect one.

The beginings of deregulation started under Reagan.  I can't think of
anything deregulated under Carter.)

That is a correct statement of fact.

As far as 'ownership rules'...when did they lift the cap on 7 am/fm stations
to 14?  Wasn't that the early 80's?

> > Is everything a political agenda to you?
>
> The whole issue is political.  It does make me wonder what Koppel's agenda
> is when Reagan was the one politician he decided to mention.

Again, simply a statement of fact...as a time reference.  Deregulation began
under Reagan.

Secondly, give me a break.  We've all been thru this discussion before.  As
others have said...there is plenty of blame to go around without any finger
pointing (which I don't think Koppel did)....or is there room for overly
sensitive political types in this discussion.

Again, as has been said by others on this list...there is muck on both sides
of the aisle.

JP