Re: Pop Songs In Commercials

At 06:49 AM 5/13/2003, Cooper Fox wrote:

>There are several songs that were launched because of
>their being in Mitsubhisi spots... Dirty Vegas "Days
>Go By" and that song about "Free" or is it "Breath"  I
>want to say the group is Telepopmusik...  The only
>place I have heard them besides the spots is on Open
>House Party.

It is indeed Telepopmusik - give that man a cigar!   The song's title is
"Just Breathe".
http://www.zipposusa.com/mitsubishi/justbreathe.htm

Don't forget Gus Gus's "Ladyshave" which brought them across the
Atlantic.  That was in the "Good Loser" Mitsubishi commercial a few years
ago...around when they first started the whole series of music commercials.

Also "Ready to Go" by Republica (a damn fine group - shame they broke up),
"Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop, "Spybreak" by The Proppellerheads (who I
thought ruled well before The Matrix made them famous), "Get What You Give"
by "New Radicals"

Many others listed: http://www.zipposusa.com/mitsubishi/mitsubishisongs.htm

"I'm just got a highly dense molecular constitution, that's all."