Podor 800 (was Re: Telemudo and Ch. 60)

Chuckigo sig'd:
>- -Chuck(habla usually when the song ends)Igo

After listening to afternoon drive on
Podor 800 (Lawrence, MA), I noticed some
unusual things:

1.  Intro and outro are live Spanish, but the traffic
report itself is strictly English.  Does this presume
the listeners understand English far better than when
they demand Bi-Lingual education?  Or, am I to believe
that the local Anglo population tunes to Podor 800 just
for traffic reports?

2.  Many spots for local businesses feature Spanish
speaking announcers with English Language Jingles
& Music Beds.

3.  Between songs, the DJ runs a loop consisting of
party noises, people talking & yelling & singing,
noise makers (gongs, ratchets, etc.) and a loud BOOM
noise every 4 - 5 seconds - sounds like a small
explosion.   Is this common on Hispanic Stations?
I know that a Rap station in Bakersfield, CA used to
run a constant Rap Rhythm track under the DJ during
the break - OBnoxious.

4.  The Station ID is done in English by a woman
with no noticeable Hispanic accent.  Is this required?

Roger