Re: Telemudo and Ch. 60

<<On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:18:37 +0000, Chuckigo@att.net said:

> seriously, maybe it has to do with Cable coverage of the various
> stations.  i'm in Maine, so i'm not sure of which systems carry
> which channels.  i know my sister's in Arlington has one of the
> Telemundo stations.

Before NBC bought channel 60 from Bud Paxson, Telemundo was on Devon
Paxson's WWDP (46 Norwell), which has must-carry in the Boston market,
and also on O&O WTMU-LP (32 Boston), which was carried by many local
cable systems.  Channel 32 will be bumped to make way for WBPX, but
Paxson is in no hurry to build.  Before channel 32 was constructed,
the Telemundo affiliation was on Sr. Cuenca's WCEA-LP (then on channel
19).  The Spanish-language newspaper in Boston, /El Mundo/, was (is?)
co-owned with ``Radiolandia'', a Spanish-language leased-time
broadcaster, which leases out (or used to?) WRCA (1330 Waltham) most
of the time, but I don't know if they have any affiliation with
Sr. Cuenca.

-GAWollman