Re: Podor 800 (was Re: Telemudo and Ch. 60)

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, rogerkirk wrote:

> Podor 800 (Lawrence, MA), I noticed some

You mean Poder 800 - or Power 800?

> explosion.   Is this common on Hispanic Stations?

A lot of deejays I've heard both Spanish and English pop-music stations
run little beds during their cut-ins....probably to make the whole on-air
presentation sound much more tight and upbeat.  As long as the break is
kept short and the music at a relatively unobtrusive volume, it's OK.

> 4.  The Station ID is done in English by a woman
> with no noticeable Hispanic accent.  Is this required?

The FCC doesn't specify accents or anything.  They just require call
letters and COL.  It may be a courtesy to actually do a legal ID that can
be understood. :-)

--
Sven