Re: No more LTAR? Horrors!

At 04:46 PM 3/30/2003 -0800, Bob Nelson wrote:
>With less and less blues on the radio, I felt it was
>important to keep the Juke Joint going; at the same
>time I'm getting burnout and would like to do other
>stuff on my Sundays. See the position I'm in? The
>listeners want to hear blues; I don't necessarily want
>to keep doing the show week after week,
>but I'm having a tough time finding another host.

The "True Blues" slots (10am to 12n, Wed & Thurs) on WBRS have become some
of the hardest to fill on any sort of regular basis.  TB used to be Mon -
Thurs but Mon & Tues were replaced with "Phat Pholk" because we couldn't
get enough bluespeople.

Still, it's not like Blues is completely dead or anything....don't get me
started on the attitude problems of many of their DJ's, but Emerson's WERS
does have Bluesology on Sunday afternoons.   And I think there's a blues
show on WMBR as well, isn't there?