Re: No more LTAR? Horrors!

>> I heard the first half of WJIB's "Let's Talk About
Radio"
>> today (on the way to do my own show, at WMWM) and
just as I parked my car,
>> I heard Bob Bittner mention he's seriously thinking
of dumping the show

Bob said it will at least continue the next couple of
weeks.

Maybe some of the radio fans here can try to guest
host it to keep it going? The show is valuable to
people like us.

I do understand if there's  "burnout factor" or "I
just don't have time to do it anymore" on Bob's part.

I've done WMWM's blues show, the Juke Joint, for
15 years and I wanted to semi-retire, then retire in
full. Josh Hull, who was doing some fill in work for
WGBH's blues show, took it over from me but wound up
leaving when Mai Cramer passed away (i.e., he started
doing more shows at 'GBH), so it was back in my lap. I
then got Jack Henderson to do the show (with me on
once per month) but Jack is having some conflicts and
lately, more often than not, I wind up doing an
"emergency fill in".

Here I am, trying to step back and get away from radio
while also keeping the show alive, yet I've found
myself going in week after week just so we don't
have dead air. (I've been on every week the past 2
months except my birthday (Feb. 2) and Mar. 23 when we
were off due to technical difficulties.
Some semi-retirement!)

But I am training at least one person to try and help
out, and maybe Josh can come back (it turned out he
didn't get the WGBH full time gig; instead
Brendon Hogan of WERS will inherit the 'GBH blues
show--which is being cut in half anyway.

With less and less blues on the radio, I felt it was
important to keep the Juke Joint going; at the same
time I'm getting burnout and would like to do other
stuff on my Sundays. See the position I'm in? The
listeners want to hear blues; I don't necessarily want
to keep doing the show week after week,
but I'm having a tough time finding another host.

I can sympathize with Bob Bittner ("no time to do
this"), certainly...