Fwd: Re: Non-comm rankings

>DATE: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 23:26:22
>From: DonKelley@aol.com
>To: lglavin@lycos.com, boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org

>I posted all the numbers for the list after the last book was >released.  Mr. Glavin responded by insulting my station's on-air >product, so I decided not to bother doing it again.

I assume you're referring to WMJX-FM.  You couldn't possibly take
any PRIDE in that dreck!  I bought a new car a few months ago and the
dealership was pumping 106.7 swill into the showroom so I've had
recent (unfortunate) exposure to the outlet.  Sometime midsummer 2002 the
wine dept. at a nearby NH State liquor store also did the same thing.
You must be INTENTIONALLY trying to broadcast bland, forgettable pap,
very similar to the junque channels 2,11 and 44 are sending out during their current fund-raisers!  I think you were recently
quoted in a newspaper or another website praising Josh Glowworm...he's
apparently the darling of the PBS poo-bahs.  Bad news...he couldn't
pass an audition of a good amateur chorus in Boston (Cantata Singers; Tanglewood
Festival Chorus...maybe he could sneak into the Masterworks Chorale).
If he's representative of the "quality" sound emanating from WMJX,
you'll just have to do better!