Re: "Kodachrome" (was CHRISTINA AGUILERA)

Martin J. Waters writes:
>>    One that's providing a high amusement factor right now for me is
>> (sorry, don't even know the group's name), a fine top 40 hit, "She
>> Fuckin' Hates Me." Locally here in Nutmeg Land, I heard (on a
>> station whose identity also is slipping my feeble mind at the
>> moment), an edit that left an awful lot of the F and ING in. But
>> then lately I've heard a cleaner edit on the same station. Maybe
>> they got complaints?
>>
>>    The first edit chopped so little of the word that it was pretty
>> startling to hear, especially since it's repeated, oh, five or 10
>> times in the song. As ancient as I get, I still have that
>> antiestablishment thing going -- any song with that name is just a
>> hoot and a half. I like to think some dentist's office somewhere,
>> somehow had that station on. In fact, excuse me, I think I'll go
>> call in and request it now :))

The group is Puddle of Mud. I have seen edits where you can hear just the F
and edits where you hear just the 'ing' (leaving little to the imagination)
and edits where you don't hear any of the word. Is it up to the board
op/jock to handle that each time its played, or will stations edit the track
itself and save the on-air guys the hassle of looking for the seven words
every time?

A few years back, some stations did limited editing on Alanis Morissette's
"You Oughta Know." I distinctly remember one station in Boston (either Kiss
or WBCN) leaving the f-bomb in there when it aired a little before 6 a.m.
(just presumed this might have been a board op error), but then I also
remember Kiss dumping the vocals and running only a music bed in a part of
the song that refers to oral sex.