Re: "Kodachrome" (was CHRISTINA AGUILERA)

>Garrett Wollman wrote:
>>It seems that a lot of the radio edits I hear now are done from master
>>(by potting down the vocal track at just the right moment), rather
>>than by patching or trimming (whether done digitally or by
>>old-fashioned tape splicing).
<snip>

   One that's providing a high amusement factor right now for me is (sorry,
don't even know the group's name), a fine top 40 hit, "She Fuckin' Hates
Me." Locally here in Nutmeg Land, I heard (on a station whose identity also
is slipping my feeble mind at the moment), an edit that left an awful lot
of the F and ING in. But then lately I've heard a cleaner edit on the same
station. Maybe they got complaints?

   The first edit chopped so little of the word that it was pretty
startling to hear, especially since it's repeated, oh, five or 10 times in
the song. As ancient as I get, I still have that antiestablishment thing
going -- any song with that name is just a hoot and a half. I like to think
some dentist's office somewhere, somehow had that station on. In fact,
excuse me, I think I'll go call in and request it now :))