Re: "Kodachrome" (was CHRISTINA AGUILERA)

<<On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:33:58 -0500, mwaters@wesleyan.edu (Martin J. Waters) said:

>    About Kodachrome/Paul Simon: There was a radio station single issued
> that deleted "crap."

It seems that a lot of the radio edits I hear now are done from master
(by potting down the vocal track at just the right moment), rather
than by patching or trimming (whether done digitally or by
old-fashioned tape splicing).  Most recently heard was an edit of
Counting Crows' ``Miami''; I can understand why the edit was done, but
it really does drain some meaning from the lyrics unless you know
which particular four-letter word was deleted.

-GAWollman