Re: Re: USA Radio Network

Salem owns WROL 950 in addition to WEZE 590. (The WEZE calls used to be on
1260, which Salem sold to ABC-Disney's stalking horse for Radio Disney
affiliates, Hibernia Communications. ABC eventually acquired Hibernia, along
with all of the Disney affiliates that Hibernia had acquired, among them, the
former WEZE 1260, now WMKI.)

Since SRN carries the Salem name, people EXPECT its news to be biased--but, in
my opinion, it isn't biased to nearly the same extent as is USA Network News,
which I imagine is heard on more secular stations than Christian stations. USA
is available strictly for barter, which is why its affiliate list is so large
and is growing so fast. I don't know whether SRN is available strictly for
barter or whether stations have to pay for the service. Salem always picks the
option that maximizes its profits, and if it can make more money with fewer
affiliates that pay than it could with a big affiliate list that pays only with
time, then you KNOW which strategy Salem is following.

Anyhow, if SRN is available to secular stations on a straight barter basis, I
don't understand why it doesn't appear to be growing nearly as fast as USA
seems to be.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205