Re: Fwd: VPR feedback

>>WGBH-FM aired such a program about 10 years ago.  It floated on the
>>schedule so one month it would be at 1:00 pm, the next month at 8:00  pm etc.
>>I'd love to hear a program like that LIVE with listener input on WBUR.

I don't think you ever will, and for two reasons:

1: WBUR is Jane's "baby", and we all know how well any parent reacts to you
telling them how to raise their kids.  There's a ton of arrogance in that
station (not to say that there isn't at other stations, too, though) and I
doubt they'd be willing to entertain the idea of a "listeners forum"
because there's no way they'd actually implement any ideas suggested there,
and therefore, they might as well run something else that will get more
opportunity to stuff underwriting in there.

2: WBUR has good reason not to invite the listeners to sound off, as I
think WBUR listeners tend to be a lot more rabid than your usual public
radio listener.  Just remembering how vicious the rhetoric was...in the
media, on the air, and especially on the website forums...during the whole
Chris Lydon fiasco in early 2001...I can see a listeners forum quickly
becoming the public radio equivalent of a shouting match.   With WGBH
especially, and I'd assume WUMB as well, it's all just so much more <fake
British accent on>"civilized"</accent>

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels Technical Consulting / Boston, MA
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron