Re: Entercom imposes contract on AFTRA

Kevin Vahey wrote:
>They had boards from Canada (mccurdy) where the pot had to be turned all
>the way to the right
>
>I am biased but back then WHDH WEEI and WRKO sounded so much better with
>techs running things and talent could concentrate on being talent

Nah, I think they were just sloppy.  WMEX jocks ran their own boards and
they were always tight.  My guess is that it was tolerated because it gave
the station a "folksy" image.

I could see having a separate announcer & board op when spots were played
off ETs or 5" reels,  but once carts became commonplace there was no need.