Re:Re: Playlists of Oldies er... Super Hits Stations

---------- Dan Billings <billingsdan@yahoo.com> writes:

From: Dan Billings <billingsdan@yahoo.com>
To: rogerkirk@ttlc.net, boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: Playlists of Oldies er... Super Hits Stations
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:57:24 -0800 (PST)

Dan wrote:
>I wouldn't think so.  The opposite would be more
>likely.  The general theory is that the most
>recognizable and popular songs are what "grab"
>listeners.  I have heard of stations that narrow
>playlists during ratings periods and expand them in
>non-rated periods to avoid burnout.
-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Dave writes:
Having had this very discussion with several PD's during my days at Oldies there is no expansion of the playlist, even with listeners complaining about hearing the same songs over and over again.  As I told several PDs when strangers discovered I worked at Oldies each and every time they cornered me to complain about music burnout.  In fact one PD said to me, well then they are going to be very upset because I just cut the playlist by another hundred today....

Dave (gee, I didn't get any weightloss endorsement cash) Faneuf