RE: Re: Playlists of Oldies er... Super Hits Stations

From: Dave Faneuf
> Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 7:52 PM
> Subject: Re:Re: Playlists of Oldies er... Super Hits Stations
>

> Dave writes:
> Having had this very discussion with several PD's during my days
> at Oldies there is no expansion of the playlist, even with
> listeners complaining about hearing the same songs over and over
> again.  As I told several PDs when strangers discovered I worked
> at Oldies each and every time they cornered me to complain about
> music burnout.  In fact one PD said to me, well then they are
> going to be very upset because I just cut the playlist by another
> hundred today....
>
> Dave (gee, I didn't get any weightloss endorsement cash) Faneuf

Wow, and I guess with a playlist of 2200, played back to back (right, it's
no format, it's wallpaper) on my internet station.  I do have a library of
over 4000, so that might get me to an entire week without a repeat.  What a
concept.

-Larry
www.southstation.org
AIM: lloverin55
Listen to the rare hits of the 50s, 60s and 70s on the Hits of Yesterday at
www.southstation.org/hitradio or www.live365.com/stations/lloverin