RE: A Vermont radio story

Pete Ferrand wrote:

>It already happened almost everywhere.
>
>We should congratulate the Herald for doing good job on telling the
>story and making no obvious mistakes, even if the tone seems
>disapproving of the changes.

"Disapproving" is a bit of an understatement.  Not exactly objective reporting.
Seems to me like they made their point again and again and again.  Fer'
crying out loud, it's not like they're gonna be playing Britney Spears once
an hour!  My guess is that they're going to sound more like WXRV, not
exactly all the hits all the time.  So what if they throw in "Satisfaction"
or "Rhiannon"?  Nice to play something people have heard of (and may
actually like) once in a while.

>It is nearly always true that when a
>consultant is called in, management is unhappy with the way things are
>going and the consultant is under the gun to change things and existing
>loyalties are of little concern.

Exactly.  Maybe the 60s are finally over...even in Vermont.