Consultants for Triple-A's( was:RE: A Vermont radio story)

> In a situation like this, in general
> the Program Director
> doesn't really direct anything - they may schedule
> the part timers and
> make arrangements for remotes but they are basically
> 'implementors' who,
> of course, implement the plans and policies of the
> consultant.

It seems to me that having a consultant for a AAA
station would end up being more detrimental than
anything.  The fact of the matter is that I have never
heard 2 AAA stations that were very similar(unlike the
way that Hot AC, Hot Country, Alternative Rock, CHR,
etc are fairly cookie cutter a lot of the time).  Each
has their own unique flavor that is largely(from what
I have seen) dictated by the market and most of the
listeners are P1s.  Our AAA (WMWV-FM)is probably the
most established station in the area and listeners
that are much much more attentive and dedicated than
listeners of other formats.  That's why I really can't
see how a consultant can be successful when dealing
with a AAA.

=====
Magic 104
North Conway, NH