EAS Monthly tests and retransmission

Howdy folks
    Well it is about 1:26 AM Tuesday morning, and I'm
just getting home after studying for a final exam.
When I got into my car my radio was on 94.3 FM
Kingston NY from earlier in the day, and I noticed an
odd sounding static being broadcast.  At first I
thought it was a studio to transmitter link problem or
something simple, but after about 20 seconds, the
static abruptly ended, followed by the three message
termination chirps of EAS!!!  And since it is an
automated, satellite oldies station, it just dumped
back into the middle of the song that was being played
over "the bird"...
    Right after I got home, I called a different local
station that is live and local overnight, and the jock
on duty confirmed that what I was just supposed to
have heard was the monthly EAS test!  Looks like their
EAS receiver is not working properly, if even at all.
Is it just me, or is this something serious?  Imagine
if, God forbid, there was a real emergency and the
system needed to be activated, how in the world would
anyone listening to that frequency get any critical
information from static?
    If anyone from Clear Channel Poughkeepsie is
reading this list, or anyone on this list can get in
touch with someone from CC Poughkeepsie, you might
want to have them check the EAS equipment on WBPM
because it is obviously NOT working properly

                                Matt Osborne
                                Poughkeepsie, NY