Re: Pop Instrumentals

At 11:30 PM 12/14/2002, Bob Nelson wrote:
>I'm not sure if it became a (re-released) hit, but the
>Austin Powers movies have used Quincy Jones'
>instrumental "Soul Bossa Nova" as a theme (i.e.,
>that's the song you hear at the start of the first
>AP movie, as Austin is being chased through swingin'
>London, baby). Maybe it was re-released as part of
>the soundtrack, and became a hit?

It's also been the theme music to the weekly show "Music for Better Living"
on WZBC for many, many more years than Austin Powers has been around...much
to the DJ's chagrin since now everyone thinks he started using it because
of Austin Powers.
Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135