Re: Patriots 10 year contract extension with WBCN

At 08:00 PM 12/8/2002, Sean Smyth wrote:
>I would say that WZBC and WHRB probably are the most diverse college
>stations in terms of programming around Boston. And I do include sports in
>that equation. I don't think WBUR does any coverage of BU athletics anymore,
>ditto for WUMB and UMass-Boston. WRBB does a fair job, but you can't pick up
>the station more than 2 miles off-campus.

WMBR is pretty diverse.  Don't know about sports, though.

WMFO is also pretty diverse, although I have a serious bone to pick with
how the station is run there.  They cover little in the way of sports after
annoying the sports director there one time too many he does most of the
Tufts sports directly with the college via www.jumbocast.net

WBUR has not done any coverage of Boston Univ. athletics in nearly -
possibly over - a decade.  Virtually every BU varsity (and many club-level)
sport is covered by the student station, WTBU, on-campus only (and
worldwide via their webcast).   BU hockey I think is carried on WROL and
another AM station as well...don't remember which.

WBRS has gotten more on the ball with Brandeis sports in recent
times...they started up baseball coverage (after a several year hiatus)
this past spring.

FWIW, WZBC is planning on purchasing a POTS codec next semester, so their
sports coverage will sound a lot better from an audio quality standpoint
(right now it's just a portable telephone hybrid)

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135