Re: WBUR underwriting crossing lines even more

Aaron Read wrote:

> ...an underwriting spot for
> Sirius Satellite Radio.  This REALLY strikes me as WBUR shooting itself in
> the foot since Sirius, not XM, is the satellite service that has the rights
> to carry NPR and PRI programming...

Not necessarily.  NPR fans will still have to rely on local stations (or
the Internet) for the flagship news programs.  Morning Edition and All
Things Considered will not be available on Sirius, and I believe that's
entirely attributable to the outcry from member stations.  You can see
the schedule for the NPR news and entertainment channel at
<http://www.npr.org/programs/nprnow/>.  There's also an NPR talk channel
(http://www.npr.org/programs/nprtalk/).  Note that some WBUR productions
like The Connection and Only a Game that don't exactly have universal
clearance across the network will be able to reach additional listeners
through Sirius.