Re: WBUR underwriting crossing lines even more

At 11:14 PM 10/28/2002, David W. Harris wrote:
>Aaron Read wrote:
>
> > ...an underwriting spot for
> > Sirius Satellite Radio.  This REALLY strikes me as WBUR shooting itself in
> > the foot since Sirius, not XM, is the satellite service that has the rights
> > to carry NPR and PRI programming...
> >
>Not necessarily.  NPR fans will still have to rely on local stations (or
>the Internet) for the flagship news programs.  Morning Edition and All
>Things Considered will not be available on Sirius, and I believe that's
>entirely attributable to the outcry from member stations.  You can see
>the schedule for the NPR news and entertainment channel at
><http://www.npr.org/programs/nprnow/>.  There's also an NPR talk channel
>(http://www.npr.org/programs/nprtalk/).  Note that some WBUR productions
>like The Connection and Only a Game that don't exactly have universal
>clearance across the network will be able to reach additional listeners
>through Sirius.

The Connection & Only a Game don't have universal clearance?   Please
explain - they are both touted as "Official NPR shows".

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135