Re: Radio network news

Garrett Wollman wrote of NBC Radio and Mutual Radio:

> They ended up in the hands of Westwood One, which shuttered both a few
> years ago.

At the end in 1999, the hourly newscasts of both networks were identical
save for the top-of-the-hour sounders and a recorded announcement at the
end of the 'cast which identified which network it was.  The newscasts
drew from the resources of WW1 partner CBS Radio.  I believe remnants of
Mutual like Jim Bohannon and America in the Morning are now branded as
Westwood One.  It sounds like WW1 is now using the NBC Radio brand to
sell spots marketed at 25-54 women, according to the blurb at
<http://www.westwoodone.com/networks_nbc.asp>.  Note that WODS is listed
as an affiliate.  In recent listening I've encountered only one actual
program that claims to be from NBC Radio:  First Light, aired on WKXL
(1450 Concord NH) from 5-6 a.m., is very similar to America in the
Morning.