Re: Rant @ Globe: WODS' 15 years of oldies

  A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>On this same subject, BTW, WROR has been touting a new format, allegedly
>with more
>variety.  They even recently played a listener calling in, praising them
>for not playing the
>same ten songs over and over, in contrast to that other station slightly
>to the left on the dial.
>So they're at least playing lip service to a more open format.  I've been
>listening, and so far, I
>haven't heard the same repetition as on other stations.

Some things never change.  They've touted this with every format they've
done in the past, too.  As we all know, they've acheived stunning success
with them all.  While this may be the incarnation of 105.7 that finally
succeeds, remember they took on WODS too.

We've gotta keep in mind that those of us on this list are not exactly
typical listeners.  A couple years ago I was riding with a friend...he had
WZLX playing..one particular song came on, he reached over & turned the
radio up and mentioned that he hadn't heard this one in years.  It was
Steve Miller's "Jet Airliner".  Not exactly an obscure song, 'ZLX probably
plays it twice a day.