Re: Rant @ Globe: WODS' 15 years of oldies

At 06:51 PM 10/12/2002, Martin J. Waters wrote:
>    There's a whole level of actual reporting that doesn't go on here. With
>WODS and its sound-alikes in other major markets making this same shift
>(national context not mentioned, IIRC), there's a question about what
>happens to the audience for the 50s music.
(snip)

My parents came up to visit me this Saturday and we headed up to
Rockport.  There used to be three oldies stations within easy listening
range of Mystic, CT (where they're from) and on the way up they stumbled
across WODS and left it there for the entire drive around the North
Shore.  Remarkably, they thought that WODS was "really good" and repeatedly
mentioned that apparently Boston has better radio than they have in
Southeastern Connecticut.

Now my folks are nowhere near the radio nuts that I am...but they do know
what they like to hear.  And if they're saying the drivel that WODS is
pumping out is "really good" then I think it's a sad commentary on radio in
general.

No wonder they generally prefer their own cassette tapes while driving.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels Technical Consulting / Boston, MA
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron