Re: Fwd: Radio Persnality Endorsements Kick It Up A Notch

At 07:43 PM 9/14/2002, Dan C. wrote:
>At 01:30 PM 9/14/2002 -0400, Donna Halper wrote:
>
>So do members of this list feel that it's okay for news personalities to
>endorse products, or should they refrain from doing so?
>

>I have never endorsed a product....and never will.  I would rather quit
>the business first.  I also don't read live ads, other than sponsor
>billboards, which I have always rephrased to make sure it is not personalized.
>News is news, sales is sales...and never the twain shall meet, IMHO.
>Dan Cole

I agree 100%, and thank god for non-commercial radio rules on
underwriting!  :-)

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135
"I'm weird, but around here it's hardly noticeable."