Re: Phillips Academy Andover Open; WPAA-FM Is B-a-a-a-ck

At 05:30 PM 9/11/2002, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

> > >I'd tend to agree with you. The least WPAA could do instead of running an
> > >open carrier is relaying the TIC service or even NPR programming,
> > >something...
> >
> > Oh no, unauthorized stations airing NPR content is a major no-no...you
> > gotta pony up millions for that right in a Top-10 market like Boston.
>
>Since when is WPAA considered the "Boston Market"?
>
>You've made that reference twice.
>JP

Nitpicker :-)

Yeah, yeah, okay...it's not Boston.  Sorry.

Regardless, NPR depends on member station fees (among other things) to
survive financially.  Simply rebroadcasting the main NPR feed without
authorization would get them high pissed at you.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron