RE: WCAP web site??

>I was under the impression that the courts have ruled that one
>may not "own" a domain named IF it is claimed by the rightful
>trademark holder.
>And we're not talking about the word "sting" being claimed by
>Sting of the Police.  980WCAP seems to rightfully be the
>trademark of 980 WCAP Lowell.
>Perhaps one of our esteemd legal eagles would be kind enough
>to throw their 3 cents worth into the fray.
>Roger
>

>"gf" wrote:
>>980wcap.com was owned by a former program host who is no
>longer with the
>>station who decided he wanted to take his bat and glove with him so to
>>speak.
>>
>>-g

The station's website has been more of a volunteer labor of (not-quite)
love.  Obviously not a whiz-bang high tech presentation, but it's out
there and serves a purpose.  It hopes to reflect the local-involvement
goal of the station during these paradoxical radio days.  It too, shall
pass.

Bill O'Neill