Re: Phillips Academy Andover Open; WPAA-FM Is B-a-a-a-ck

At 05:25 PM 9/11/2002, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
>On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Aaron [Bishop] Read wrote:
>
> > Oh no, unauthorized stations airing NPR content is a major no-no...you
> > gotta pony up millions for that right in a Top-10 market like Boston.
>
>What about the World Radio Network -- which is a service of NPR, I
>believe?  I think that's a free service also.
>--
>Sven

World Radio Network is run out of London and does have a sub-channel called
"WRN from NPR" that has some NPR services.  But according to their schedule
is on only 4 hours on weekdays (12mid to 4am Eastern Time) and doesn't have
any of the NPR programs, just the top-of-the-hour news.

That's not to say it's bad....WRN is great for world news, but it's a
little different than the BBC World Service, for example.  BBC-WS is a good
"general overview" of what's going on all over the world, whereas WRN tends
to focus on a specific region/country for each hour.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron