Re: Phillips Academy Andover Open; WPAA-FM Is B-a-a-a-ck

At 01:46 PM 9/11/2002, Peter Murray wrote:
>Perhaps this is proof that complaints DO work. If you want WPAA (and other
>chronic rulebreakers) to follow the requirements of their licenses, give
>the FCC notification that violations are happening. I don't think the
>Trustees of Phillips Andover Academy will allow multiple Notices of
>Violation (and resulting fines).
>
>-Peter Murray (N3IXY)
>Pittsburgh, PA

I would agree...Tufts University jumped and got the problems fixed with
WMFO very fast after a visit by the FCC.   They never fixed the underlying
issues that led to the problems in the first place, though.  In fact, from
what I've been hearing, they're doing things that'll exacerbate the
problems.  Oy vey...

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron