U Mass Lowell Hockey ( Was Re: Costa/Eagle Flip Flop Trifecta Weekend)

  Dave Faneuf wrote:

> IIRC Bob did some UMass Lowell Hockey on WJUL while working at WLLH, I
> don't know if he still did it when he moved over to WCCM so I would think
> he could continue working for Eagle/Costa and also continue the Spinners
> broadcasts if they move to WJUL it would just be a matter of who would
> pay him.

  U Mass Lowell hockey was on WLLH with Bob Ellis handling the play by play
from the mid to late 80's (can't remember exactly when)  till the sale to
Mega, when he took over PBP duties on WJUL. Prior to Ellis' arrival at 91.5,
they had only carried mostly home hockey games with student announcers. Now
Ellis handles PBP with a student assisting with color commentary.

   And prior to WLLH's run as U Mass Lowell hockey home, the games were on
WCAP. IIRC, they had the games starting with the 1980-81 season (WCAP went
to 5KW fulltime in Oct.1980) and had the games till WLLH took over. I recall
that Chuck Jenest (sp? ) did the games on 980 at some point, I can't recall
who else did PBP during WCAP's run of UML hockey. I'm sure Bill O' Neill can
help my fuzzy memory. At least I hope he can....

Mark Watson