Re: Merrimack Valley flip-flop weekend...

 Scott Fybush wrote:

> Just a friendly reminder that for anyone in listening range of the three
> signals in question, your Boston Radio Archives would be
> VERY grateful for any audio anyone could supply of the switchovers :-)

   I think the flip flopping took place a bit earlier then advertised. I
tuned into 800 yesterday afternoon about 2:15 on the way to a gig, heard
Spanish music when normally at that time they'd be carrying the ESPN Sports
birdfeed. Tuned in again on way home from  the Lexington event, about 10:45
PM just entering the Lowell Connector (near jct. of I-495 & Route 3 at
Lowell/Chelmsford line) 800 was on night power, still Spanish tunes. Tuned
in again about 12:15 AM, leaving a Lowell function hall enroute to another
establishment, 800 was off the air. About 3:30AM, after leaving 24 hour IHOP
in Tewksbury heading home, 800 was on full power, Spanish music playing.
Haven't had a chance to hear what's happening on 1110 & 1490 today,
yesterday afternoon they were still doing Spanish music, different from what
was on 800.

    Also, I've been told by a friend in the Haverhill area that he saw
billboards for the new "Power 800" in Spanish in Haverhill and Methuen.

Mark Watson