Re: Red Sox back on Channels 38 and 4

Dan Billings wrote:

>Baseball isn't cheap and nor is cable! In
> addition, over 30% of the state of Maine
> is still outside cable coverage, leaving
> those people with the
>option of satellite, which is becoming a
> monopoly. Just ask the folks missing
> their favorite Fox shows.

>Baseball is better on the radio anyway.

That's going to be the only option for non-satellite viewers in the
southwestern corner of Red Sox Nation, too. Cox Cable has steadfastly
refused to add NESN to its system here (Meriden-Southington-Cheshire),
offering an array of excuses: polls showing 60 percent of the viewers in
the area are Yankees fans, corporate desire to keep NESN a premium
service, and their latest: "rules" (Whose? They won't say.) prohibiting
more than one regional sports channel on a cable system. Yup, that's
what they told me over the phone a couple of weeks ago, despite
neighboring Wallingford's system (AT&T) carrying both YES and NESN.

Anyway, the demise of the Red Sox TV network will effectively black out
this little part of the Nation. So will the transfer of all Bruins games
to NESN, but I consider myself an exile from Bruins Nation down here,
rather than a resident of it.

Howard