Re: Costa/Eagle Flip Flop Trifecta Weekend

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:20:52 -0400 "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net>
writes:
> and how the Bob Ellis demand would be accommodated (then
> again
> if he stays at the new WCCM I suppose this wouldn't be an issue)...

IIRC Bob did some UMass Lowell Hockey on WJUL while working at WLLH, I
don't know if he still did it when he moved over to WCCM so I would think
he could continue working for Eagle/Costa and also continue the Spinners
broadcasts if they move to WJUL it would just be a matter of who would
pay him.

> Also, for those that haven't heard, it looks like the Red Sox' AA
> affiliation is headed to Portland and the Sea Dogs. The Spinners'
> owner,
> Weber, is reportedly hoping to move the AA New Haven franchise up to
> Manchester (I wonder if they can really support a minor-league
> baseball
> *and* hockey team) and was hoping to become the Sox AA franchise.

Forgive me for I have sinned ;-)))  I heard Pat McCarthy on Friday
morning saying he would be trying to get the Mayor of Manchester and
perhaps a city councilor from Manchester on the air Monday morning to
talk about the Weber's involvement in baseball in Manchester.  Remains to
be seen if he can.
As for Manchester being able to support a AA and AHL franchise, I think
Manchester is a potentially better market that Lowell in that regard.
df