Re: Public Radio (was: Fwd: Talk Radio (was LTAR)

--- Bill O'Neill <billo@shoreham.net> wrote:
> So, what's MBPN's record on hammering the guv-nuh?
> Any recent exposes

Our Governor, Angus King, came to public prominence in
Maine as host of public television's weekly MaineWatch
public affairs show so there's a pretty cosy
relationship between the Governor and public
broadcasting.

That said, I can't honestly say that Maine Public
Radio is less aggressive in covering the State House
than any other media outlet.  Maine's media generally
does a horrible job covering the State House and
politics and public radio actually does a better job
than most of the other outlets, though that's damning
with faint praise.

My objection is not to the editorial content of public
broadcasting.  I just think that in a poor, high-taxes
state, we could make better use of the state money
that goes to public broadcasting and the well-off
suburbanites that dominate the public radio audience
could easily make up the lost revenue.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine