Re: Fwd: Talk Radio (was LTAR)

--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
 > Umm, as somebody who sort of knows the inside story
> on this one, it seems
> to me to be a fund-raising ploy, and not a very
> honest one, given that it
> feeds into anti-Semitic myths about "Jewish money"
> and "Jewish influence on
> the media".

Donna makes great points and I agree with her.

On a related note: One of the problems with public
broadcasting is that the corporate underwriters can
have more influence on the content of programming
because most shows rely on a small number of large
underwriters instead of a large number of advertisers.
 Threats by one large underwriter get more attention
than the threat of any one advertiser in commercial
radio.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine