RE: Public Radio (was: Fwd: Talk Radio (was LTAR)

> My objection is not to the editorial content of public
> broadcasting.  I just think that in a poor, high-taxes
> state, we could make better use of the state money
> that goes to public broadcasting and the well-off
> suburbanites that dominate the public radio audience
> could easily make up the lost revenue.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

I'm not sure what, if any, Vt . state monies flow to VPR.  I don't
think any does.  It's more of a concern that CC and other radio
holdings have folded the paper and headed off to the john years ago
(and the stink is noticeable).  If not for WVMT (620 Burlington) and
some coverage by WSNO (1450 Barre) there'd be no radio news.  And
all that there is is rip n' read, no foot reporters.  Local papers
have the veal reports down to a science and local signals have
figured out how to pot-up or program in network feeds.

Bill O'Neill