Public Radio (was: Fwd: Talk Radio (was LTAR)

Dan Billings:
 The actual programming is, in
>theory, supported by other funds but the $2.5 million
>that Maine Public Broadcasting gets from the state is
>their largest single source of funds.  Maine voters
>also approved a bond issue to help fund the conversion
>to digital TV.

So, what's MBPN's record on hammering the guv-nuh?  Any recent exposes
on waste in guv-mint?  Over in VPR land, the same questions leave one
wanting, as well.

Here, Gov. Dean is actively planting seeds for a run for the Dem.
nomination for US Pres. <g> and lots of small press operations are
raising some fundamental questions as to why Dr. Howard is fighting the
release of his daily schedule to the press as well as other issues.
Can't say that much has made it onto the news clock that could even
resemble potential "flop sweat moments" for Dean.  Just one "homina
homina" from the chief executive would be worth doubling my
contribution.

Disclosure warrants that I'm a contributing listener to VPR and devote
most of my TSLs on their signals (I rack up 3-4K miles per mo.)

Bill O'Neill