IBS (was: WGHJ, WCCM-FM, WCGY)

Peter George writes:

>      My information was based by the information
> provided to me by one of the engineers at the time
> (1982) at WCGY, while at an IBS convention in DC.
> However, <snip>

<Memory Harp sfx in>
I attended that same convention in DC (!) (not that I can remember
much.....)  That was at the Capitol Hilton and was quite a blast, IIRC.
All I can remember to any great extent was the limitless shrimp bar at the
restaurant next door and having a beer at the hotel bar with Charles Jaco
(when he was with NBC Radio's 'The Source' and went by "CD Jaco".)  Decent
visit to WRC (still three letter calls) AM & FM.  Were you one of the guys
there at the convention that (check all that apply): 1. Actually took
notes   2. Copped every pen and bumper sticker   3. Visited monuments at
midnight in a haze (ding!)  4. Wondered why all the "old guys" in pro
radio at the convention all looked like they couldn't wait for it to end.
<Memory Harp sfx out>

Bill O'Neill