Re: IBS (was: WGHJ, WCCM-FM, WCGY)

Hi Bill:
     In answer to your question, NO I did not take
notes. (at least not that I can remember!!) ;) In fact
I had NO writing implement of any kind.  Like most
other conventioneers, I took the opportunity to visit
the various "courtesy suites" at the Hilton.  One in
particular had the most beer on ice to ever fill-up a
bath tub!!
     I was with the WBIM-FM crew (Bridgewater State
College) as a newly elected General Manager.  I had
the opportunity to meet Howard Stern while he was a
jock at WWDC-FM ("DC/101") during this convention.  He
was one of the speakers.  Needless to say, virtually
every sentence was laced with the "F" word.  He has
not changed even since the days he was at WCCC-FM in
Hartford (the late 1970's).   Oh, well.
     Nonetheless, it was a great time to meet the
other stations, jocks, the labels and some of the
pro's who visited the convention.  What a time ;)!!!!

-Pete

BTW: I went to the IBS Conventions in DC in 1981,
1982, 1983 and 1984.  By that time, I was all partied
OUT.............. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

--- Bill O'Neill <billo@shoreham.net> wrote:
> Peter George writes:
>
> >      My information was based by the information
> > provided to me by one of the engineers at the time
> > (1982) at WCGY, while at an IBS convention in DC.
> > However, <snip>
>
> <Memory Harp sfx in>
> I attended that same convention in DC (!) (not that
> I can remember
> much.....)  That was at the Capitol Hilton and was
> quite a blast, IIRC.
> All I can remember to any great extent was the
> limitless shrimp bar at the
> restaurant next door and having a beer at the hotel
> bar with Charles Jaco
> (when he was with NBC Radio's 'The Source' and went
> by "CD Jaco".)  Decent
> visit to WRC (still three letter calls) AM & FM.
> Were you one of the guys
> there at the convention that (check all that apply):
> 1. Actually took
> notes   2. Copped every pen and bumper sticker   3.
> Visited monuments at
> midnight in a haze (ding!)  4. Wondered why all the
> "old guys" in pro
> radio at the convention all looked like they
> couldn't wait for it to end.
> <Memory Harp sfx out>
>
> Bill O'Neill

=====