RE: IBS (was: WGHJ, WCCM-FM, WCGY)

> Hi Bill:
>      In answer to your question, NO I did not take
> notes. (at least not that I can remember!!) ;) In fact
> I had NO writing implement of any kind.  Like most
> other conventioneers, I took the opportunity to visit
> the various "courtesy suites" at the Hilton.  One in
> particular had the most beer on ice to ever fill-up a
> bath tub!!

They used to say the reason IBS alternated with NYC was for reasons OTHER
than the fact that hotels have about 24 months of memory about such
things.

>      I was with the WBIM-FM crew (Bridgewater State
> College) as a newly elected General Manager.  I had
> the opportunity to meet Howard Stern while he was a
> jock at WWDC-FM ("DC/101") during this convention.  He
> was one of the speakers.  Needless to say, virtually
> every sentence was laced with the "F" word.

"F" is code for adjectiavely challenged.  Consider it as a guy who read
his audience?

>      Nonetheless, it was a great time to meet the
> other stations, jocks, the labels and some of the
> pro's who visited the convention.  What a time ;)!!!!
>
> -Pete

NAB could take some pointers. <g>  Is IBS still alive?

Bill O'Neill