Re: Newspaper article on WHCN format change

At 09:29 AM 3/7/2002 -0500, SteveOrdinetz wrote:
>  Aaron 'Bishop' Read wrote:
>

>>So anyways, I've had Kiss108 in the background for 10 hours at a stretch,
>>twice a week, for the past two weeks....and I swear to God I can feel my
>>IQ dropping.  Ugh...no lie, I've heard the same Nickelback single AT
>>LEAST six times a day now.
>

>But CHR/Top 40 has always been repetitive.  If you'd had WMEX on for 10
>hours straight 40 years ago you probably would have heard the same Chubby
>Checker song at least that many times.  While I can't say I'm particularly
>fond of today's song/jingle/song/sweeper/song/sweeper/song/promo... with a
>fairly low jock profile, I doubt CHR is any more repetitive than it's ever
>been.

True, true.

And I wish I could forget my internship at Kiss108 back in winter
'96.  That was when Alanis Morrissette's "Jagged Little Pill" was huge and
we were "Kiss108 - At least **TWO** Alanis songs EVERY hour"  (well, that
was my slogan for it :-)    Actually to be honest, although I disliked the
music I loved the internship...I learned a lot about radio there.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453