Re: Short Rotaion... (was: newspaper article)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Cooper Fox wrote:

> > Let's see:  10 hours divided by 6 Nickelbacks = 1.67
> > hour separation.
> >
>   A 90 minute rotational perido seems about right for
> any CHR/Top40 stations I am familiar with...  On the
> bright side when someone requests it(which they do a
> lot with the category A/Currents songs)you can say
> "It's coming up!" and not lie.

Tell me about it.... .when I did my brief stint at top 40 at WBZN,
sometimes I would be in to do a 6 hour shift. It wasn't unusual to hear
"Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down at least twice, even three times in a six
hour period. You were tempted to say "Once again, here's 'Kryptonite'" and
groan. You know, there was a time when I really liked that song!

>   I always liked the title "It's Been Awhile" By
> Staind because it had never been awhile since I had
> last heard the song...

There was one time a Bangor jock went to play this song and he said "I bet
it's been awhile since you heard this one! Yeah right! Here's Staind...."

another time before playing U2's "Stuck in a moment..." I heard someone
say "Lots of great music coming up, including this, that, this and that
but first, let's get this U2 song out of the way"

Maybe not the most professional approach, but extremely humerous of you
ask me........the question is would I find it funny if I didn;t work in
radio or know anything about it?

Jeremy