Re: Patriots Rule!

Dan B wrote:  (as indicated by >>  <<)
>>What a great game.  When do they start construction on the Tom Brady
statue?
Maybe Jane Swift can get him to be her running mate.<<

Nah... Brady doesn't need her to get elected.  Besides, his running mate
would be Antowan.

>>Fox is now doing an appropriate tribute to Pat Summerall.  I think he
should
take Madden with him.  I haven't really paid close attention to a game
Madden has called in a long time, but he has become a parody of himself.  I
couldn't believe that he suggested that the Patriots should run out the
clock when there was over a minute left.  Not only has Brady been winning
games like that all year, but if you chance overtime, you may never touch
the ball.<<

no argument with the latter portion of that, although i still enjoy Madden,
even though his yellow grease pencil has lost a step or two over the years.
i had missed early comments that might have alluded to Pat's retirement (i
was in  a noisy bar hosting a station party for the first half and
change...) and asked of my wife & kids about it.  they'd not heard, but
admitted they'd not really been listening.  (not all MEDIA family are atuned
to every little nuance... i live with a prime example.)  i thought the
tributes touching and understated, not unlike Mr.Summeral himself.

>>It is amazing that we have waited since 1986 for a Boston team to win a
championship.<<

and for the FIRST time in 16 years, i actually felt BAD for Bill Buckner
whose name was brought up in the final 90 seconds on the Fox coverage.

>>If we go back to September, I think Adam is the only one on this list that
thought the Pats could win the Super Bowl.<<

Adam was also the only one on this list to think that Donna starts rumors
about media coverage.  but, i have been on board the good ship Patriots for
the past few months, enjoying the play on my homeward treks from Boston each
Sunday.  and have i not been the voice of belief on a couple of Portland
radio stations over the past month??  "Let's Get Ready To GUMMMMBBBBO!"

by the way:  How HAPPY was Gil & Gino???  not being able to hear a WBCN
coverage/version of the game was about the ONLY minus of the afternoon.
for Gino, especially after this past year with his health concerns, I am so
VERY happy that he was there to SEE it!  and for Gil, as well, who has borne
the weight of disappointment for more than just football over his
illustrious career.

- -Chuck Igo