RE: Re: WUNH-FM Off the Air

At 11:30 PM 1/12/2002 -0500, SteveOrdinetz wrote:
>>D: the system must be set up to contact a live person (via pager or
>>cellphone) in case of a transmitter problem
>
>D is absolutely incorrect.  The FCC rules clearly state that a cellphone
>is NOT a valid remote control point.  A station must designate, and inform
>the FCC of any remote control points used...a fixed street address (no PO
>box) and phone # must be provided.

Really?  Damn, I need to check my rules, then...I could've sworn it was the
opposite - the FCC wanted pagers/cellphones b/c you're more likely to reach
someone that way (rather than just a landline phone).   Well, usually anyway.

Do you know the rule number by chance?

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453