RE: Re: WUNH-FM Off the Air

Steve Ordinetz wrote,

>  Aaron 'Bishop' Read wrote:

          <snip>

>> D: the system must be set up to contact a live person (via pager
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> or cellphone) in case of a transmitter problem
>

> D is absolutely incorrect.  The FCC rules clearly state that a
> cellphone is NOT a valid remote control point.  A station must
> designate, and inform the FCC of any remote control points used

Aren't we talking apples and oranges?
Unless I'm suffering a brain cramp, "contacting a live person"
doesn't sound anything like being a "remote control point".

     ~Kaimbridge~

--
Note:  E-Mail address has changed to kaimbridge@programmer.net,
as Google's @my-deja.com service was terminated on 2001-DEC-12.