RE: Re: WUNH-FM Off the Air

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild wrote:
>Steve Ordinetz wrote,
>
> >  Aaron 'Bishop' Read wrote:
>
>           <snip>
>
> >> D: the system must be set up to contact a live person (via pager
>                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >> or cellphone) in case of a transmitter problem
> >

> > D is absolutely incorrect.  The FCC rules clearly state that a
> > cellphone is NOT a valid remote control point.  A station must
> > designate, and inform the FCC of any remote control points used
>
>Aren't we talking apples and oranges?
>Unless I'm suffering a brain cramp, "contacting a live person"
>doesn't sound anything like being a "remote control point".

Not really.  Presumably there is a person at this remote control point who
can remotely control the transmitter.  Cell phones or pagers are not
considered remote control points by the FCC.  Yes, technically you can
control a transmitter with a cell phone, but the FCC does not consider it a
legitimate control point.  I didn't make the rules.