Re: WODS jingles, songs-in-a-row

I grew up in Southeastern Connecticut, and thus I grew up with WLNG.  I used
to listen to them all the time.  That station fueled my love of music,
jingles, and full-service radio done right.  They are not a dollar-a-hollar
operation by any stretch, particularly in the summer, when the east end is
crawling with 35-64's with big dollars to spend.  While most of the radio
stations in Eastern Long Island are either automated or a simulcast, WLNG is
live and local nearly all of the time.  If you want to know what's going on in
the area, you tune in to WLNG.  That's why they are the highest billing radio
station on the east end.

 Their sound is literally a time warp to the mid 60's.  If you want to hear
how radio was done in that era, you tune to WLNG.  It's heavy on the
personality, jingles, wide ranging music and local remotes.  Sure it sounds
cluttered, but that's how radio was, as opposed to the generic "10 songs in a
row with less talk" crap we've been force-fed over the last 15-20 years.  WLNG
is a foreground, not background,  listening experience.  Whenever I'm home to
see family,  I check them out.  Great station.