RE: WODS jingles, songs-in-a-row

Garrett Wollman wrote:

> > Most people have certain expectations of oldies radio--certainly
> > hearing Madonna or Journey would clash with those expectations even
> > if the listeners like the individual songs.
>
>I've got four letters for you, Steve: WLNG

They're more of a novelty imho...interesting station to listen to once in a
while, but I couldn't take a steady dose of them--waaaaay too much clutter
for me.  They must be the king of "dollar a holler" spots--those 10 minute
stopsets (all voiced by the same announcer) get old fast.  Kind of a moot
point anyway since they've stopped streaming.